Wednesday, November 30, 2011

30 Days of What I'm Thankful For

Since it's November, Thanksgiving month, I jumped on the Facebook bandwagon of posting "30 Days of What I'm Thankful For." I have to admit - you wouldn't think being thankful for 30 things would be a difficult task, but especially right now, where there are some days I feel like everything in my life is going wrong, it's been somewhat difficult. But then I remember that I have SO many things to be thankful for. Jesus has blessed me far beyond what I deserve and I want to make sure that I am thankful for His blessings. So, here it goes!

Day 1 - My wonderful husband. Without him, I don't know that I would have survived this year, and honestly, I may not have wanted to.

Day 2 - Although our family may not fully understand what Greg and I have faced this year (& the 5yrs of infertility before), they have always been very supportive of us and are always there for us. I have realized that many people aren't nearly as fortunate.

Day 3 - Cooler weather! It actually feels like Fall today, and it is wonderful!

Day 4 - Today I am thankful for Greg's job at UPS. He may work 12-14hrs/day and we both get frustrated with it, but it is stable and it allows us to survive and pay our bills, as well as give us health insurance. Plus, it allows me the luxury of not having to have a real job...and hopefully one day, the luxury of getting to stay home with our children.

Day 5 - Today I am thankful for weekends - getting time to spend with Greg, catching up on errands, leisurely doing nothing, or having an exciting, full weekend. I love just having time to spend together.

Day 6 - Ladies Night Out (with some of my M.E.N.D. friends)

Day 7 - For days like today, when I am feeling defeated and doubtful, I am thankful for the Truth. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)"

Day 8 - Rainy days, movies and chocolate chip cookies! :)

Day 9 - Having lunch with my hubby! :)

Day 10 - Today I'm so thankful for the time I had being a Mommy. Chase was only with us a short 118 days, but that was enough time for him to capture my heart and teach me an entirely new kind of love I've never felt before or even known was possible. Those 118 days may be the only days I ever get on this Earth to be a Mommy, so I will cherish those each and every day. Until Heaven, sweet boy...<3

Day 11 - Today (& every day) I am thankful for all the men and women in the past, present or future who put their lives on the line to protect us and our freedoms. We should be thankful for them every day, not just today.


Day 12 - My niece and nephews: Christian, Mason and Lexi. I love them all so much and they light up my life so much. <3


Day 13 - The free movie we got to rent from our dvr! Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 2 :)


Day 14 - The Internet. Without it I wouldn't have met my wonderful husband or an amazing group of women who have also lost their babies. We support each other, grieve with each other and remember our babies together. They are all so special to me and have been such an integral part of my healing. Thanks ladies!

Day 15 - Today I am thankful that 6 years ago, I said "I do" to Greg. This past year has been both the best and worst year all wrapped up into one, but I know I wouldn't have survived it without him. I love you more each day, honey...I am blessed to be your wife and Chase is blessed to have you for his Daddy.

Day 16 - Greg getting out of work at a NORMAL time!!! :) We can do normal things like grocery shop and cook dinner!


Day 17 - My wonderful support group, M.E.N.D. (Mommies Enduring Neonatal Death). I am so blessed by this group and all the wonderful women in it. I am so thankful for our meeting tonight! :)


Day 18 - Date night with my hubby! :)


Day 19 - Getting to watch my niece and nephew to give my sister and brother-in-law a "date night."


Day 20 - Getting my hair cut!!


Day 21 - Seven months ago, I was given the greatest blessing in my life, Chase Austin Miller. After 5 long years of infertility, Chase made me a Mommy and Greg a Daddy. We miss him more than words can describe...there is a piece of both of our hearts that are missing because they are with him. We will never be the same people we were before him and we will miss him each second we are here on this Earth. But we know that Chase is waiting on us in Heaven - and we can't wait to join him!

Day 22 - All the things we take for granted - food, (running) water, clothing, shelter, cars, cable, Internet...the list could go on and on.


Day 23 - Answered prayer!!! (in reference to Kim's ultrasound showing a baby - unknown at the time that it would be 3! :) )


Day 24 - I am thankful for my family and friends, Greg and our sweet Chase, who reminds us of all of our blessings the Lord has given us and that this world is not our home. ♥  Happy Thanksgiving!


Day 25 - Today I am thankful to be celebrating my brother and his fiancée's engagement and future together! :)


Day 26 - Realizing today that we still have 2 days left in the weekend! :)


Day 27 - Greg put up our Christmas tree and was even able to fix the section of lights that was out on it! :)

Day 28 - I got to babysit for our friends boys today! I had a fun time with my "nephews!" :)

Day 29 - I'm thankful for being able to hang out with my sister and niece and nephew so easily these days, now that they moved close to us! :)


Day 30 - I am thankful for my Savior and I'm reminded as we embark on this Christmas season that it is all about Him. My sweet Chase is getting ready to celebrate Christmas with Jesus! Why should I be sad for him? I should be sad for myself and all the rest of us who don't get to experience that (yet) as well! I am sad that I am missing out on having him here with us, but I know Chase has it far better in Heaven. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment